Monday, September 7, 2015

Finding Paris

Hello Luvlies!



Publisher: Harper Collins
Author: Joy Preble 
Pages: 272
Publication date: April 21, 2015



Sisters Leo and Paris Hollings have only ever had each other to rely on. They can't trust their mother, who hops from city to city and from guy to guy, or their gambler stepfather, who's moved them all to Las Vegas. It's just the two of them; Paris, and Leo, who has a real future in mind-- going to Stanford, becoming a doctor, falling in love. But Leo isn't going anywhere right not, except driving around Vegas all night with her sister.


    Until Paris ditches Leo at the Heartbreak Hotel Diner, where moments before they had been talking with physics student Max Sullivan. Outside, Leo finds a cryptic note from Paris-- a clue. Is it some kind of game? Where is Paris, and why has she disappeared?  When Leo reluctantly accepts Max's offer of help, the two find themselves following a string of clues through Vegas and beyond. But the search for the truth is not a straight line. And neither is the path to secrets Leo and Max hold inside.

    To start off, I was waiting for this book to come out for so long! When it finally came out I couldn't wait to snatch it up from my local library! It was all I had expected it to be and more! I absolutely fell in love with the setting of the book, (Vegas) and the rawness and vulnerability of the story. Its been quite a long time since I read a book that I was absolutely in love with and this was fora all intensive purposes, my 'book savior'!

    Leo was so head strong, I loved how she was able to deconstruct such an in-depth plot twist which had been left behind by her sister. She was such a fun personality to read about, she was a nerd in some ways but fascinating in others, as though her character had layers of emotions. Some of which she seemed to be discovering for the first time with the reader. 

    Paris was such a drama queen! It was so funny to see such a preppy character so out of her element, and in a place like Vegas. She really knew how to bring the drama in the best ways when some what needed. All of the clues that she left for Max and Leo were so dramatic, though it was needed, given the ending of the book.

    Max was one of my least favorite characters, because of his attitude some of the time. At first when we meet him he seems like such a sweet geeky guy who you just can't help but fall for, which he is most of the time. But every once and a while I noticed that almost like a light switch he was someone else. He would become very quiet and secretive or angry and that sweetness seemed to melt away. I think over all he was a great character but I really didn't enjoy the severe mood swings that he would set off, almost like a time bomb.

    I loved the over all concept of the "fining Paris" road trip. It was so unexpected from reading the cover of the book, which was so cute! The ending had me almost in tears but at the same time I was extremely angry at one of the characters for doing such disgusting things, which you find out about at the end of the book. It was truly a fantastic read, which had me looking like this at the 'almost end' before it got better.




Cupcake rating:





*All opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to all opinions.*

As always, leave a comment about what you thought of this review, the book, or what you thin I should review next!
Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment