Friday, August 28, 2015

Secret Post (Featured Author Week 4)

Hello Luvies!

This weeks post is our final post in Julia Keanini's featured month! I am so excited about today's post! For our final post, we will get an exclusive interview with one of Julia's Characters, so with our further adieu, Lets get started!


“Why are we doing this again?” I groaned as Lia motioned for me to take the chair seated across from her.
“Hey, you’re the one who wants to become the editor of the Woodlands Gazette. We both know this interview is the exact sort of thing Ms. Wright will eat up,” Lia said with a little too much glee.
Looked like all those times I’d forced her to be on the other side of the journalistic pen was about to bite me in the bottom. And payback certainly looked like it was great, for her.
“So Sara Chandler, I’ll start with an easy one,” Lia started. “Why do you want to be the Woodlands Gazette’s editor?”
This was easy? “Um, I love the newspaper?” I answered.
Lia narrowed her eyes at me before pushing, “And that’s what has motivated you to take on all the late hours, take crap from this year’s editor, Darla, and keep your mouth shut as you were assigned the worst stories only to make them shine?”
“That’s not actually going to make it into the interview, right?”
“If you would have given me a better answer to the first question this would be a nonissue.” Lia smiled.
It scared me how much Lia was enjoying this. Maybe my ex-boyfriend wasn’t the only competition I had for the editor position. Except, as my best friend, Lia would NEVER do that.
“Take it easy, Lia.”
“I’m just channeling my inner Sara Chandler.”
That made me grin. I was pretty intense when it came to getting my stories. “I want to be editor of the Woodlands High Gazette because I know this paper inside and out. I know what makes our student body pick up a paper and read it from beginning to end. I know what our student body needs to know and I will make sure they get it. Plus, editor will look great on my college transcript and get me tons of dates.”
Lia laughed as she erased the last few words I’d said. One of the perks of having my bff interview me, she got my jokes.
“What do you want to do after high school?” Lia asked.
“Work for a top news network. I would love to be an anchor, but would probably be better behind the scenes.”
“No way. The camera loves your face,” Lia said as she scribbled furiously. “But before that you’ll attend NYU with your best friend,” Lia continued before I could make a comment about my face not appreciating cameras.
“What’s it like to be the oldest of five kids?” Lia asked.
“Loud.”
She laughed. She’d attended enough family functions to know that was the truth.
“Now to the juicy stuff.”
“Lia,” I warned.
“Just for fun, Sara. This will stay far away from Ms. Wright’s desk. Promise.”
I nodded, but not until Lia had set down her pen.
“Tall, short, or average guys?” she asked.
“Tall.”
“Muscly or not?”
“Lean muscle.”
“Brunette or blonde?”
“Neither.”
“Eye color?” she asked.
“Green,” I answered quickly.
Lia shook her head as she folded the paper she’d written my interview on. “You do realize you just described Blake Brandon to a T?”
I bit my lip. Crap, she was right.


I hope you enjoyed this months featured author posts! Stay tuned for next months author release!
Much love,


No comments:

Post a Comment