Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Heir (The Selection #4)

Hello Luvlies!

Author: Kiera Cass
Pages: 342
Publication date: May 5, 2015



Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty-two years ago America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon--and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she would put off mirage for as long as possible. 

    But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection--no matter how fervently she protests. Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her... and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she always thought.

To start, let me say the Selection series is personally one of my favorite series of all time so I was extremely excited when I received The Heir in the mail. When I began reading I noticed a new character style that Kiera Cass had adopted with Eadlyn and her family. Not only this but it was fun to see all of the previous characters grown so up and matured. Especially Maxon and America! 

When Eadlyn was first introduced, she seemed to carry the haughty princess-esk persona. But as the book continued, she began to show her headstrong personality that really made her, well her. I loved her interactions with her brothers and other 'house mates' as well. I could really see how much she loved her family, and valued them over everything. 

I loved almost all of the selected in this book better than in the Selection, partly because being that they were boys they seemed to fawn over Eadlyn while making it cute and clumsy all at once! I won't go into detail about any specific suitor, but they all had quite their own personality! It seriously had me wishing I was Eadlyn, I mean, who wouldn't want to be her? Several of the boys had me all;


While multiple of them had me all;
But over all, most of them were pretty great!

I wasn't such a fan of the anti-character-development since several people sort of sat around and complained most of the book. Until the ending... Why would Cass do that to us?! I don't know what to think, was it a filler ending? Was it planed this way to make us have to read the last book? Or, does Cass just hate us? But who cares, when I'm pretty sure this is about all we will feel until the final book is released.


Over all I really liked the book, but the ending put me off  a bit. I will definitely be reading the last book. Even if the feels drown me, lol. It was definitely one of those un-put-down-able books that are great for a single sitting and a good cry.


Cupcake rating:







*All opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to all opinions.*

As always, leave a comment about what you thought of the book, this review, or what YOU think I should review next!
Much love,


No comments:

Post a Comment