Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

Hello Luvlies!

Publisher: Little Brown Books
Pages: 236
Publication Date: January 2, 2012



    Four minutes changes everything. Hadley Sullivan, 17 misses her flight at JFK airport, and is late for her father's second wedding in London with her never-met-stepmother. Hadley meets the perfect boy. Oliver is British, and sits in her row. A long night on the plane passes in a blink, but the two lose track in arrival chaos. Can fate bring them together again?


    I started to read this book because this year it was nominated for a Beehive award, and now I understand why! At first I was wondering why it could have been possibly nominated with all of the other new novels this year. But none the less, I picked it up for a fun, fast, and lovable break from what I have been reading lately. I loved this book so much! Of course, I am a "mushy gushy girl" with dreams of true love. No wonder I loved it. *rolls eyes at self* From the beginning of the book my only issue with it was the tense it was told in. It was a little hard to get into at first because of that, but I got over it pretty quickly. 

    I loved Oliver from the very start, he was such a gentlemen! He was such a sweet boy who actually seemed to listen to what Hadley had to say. He was such a light headed, and fun person who always had something relating to his "summer research project." He and Hadley made such a strong connection over the twenty four hour period. (The book takes place in a period of twenty four hours) AH, it was so sweet, and cute! 

    Hadley had such a strong personality, she was very stubborn at times. Through the book she had some times of heartbreak and feelings of betrayal which I could feel through the pages. I could really feel what she felt and I'm pretty sure I dropped a few tears here and there. (Sorry library book!)

    When Hadley's dad and step-mom were brought in to the picture, I was just as angry at them as Hadley seemed to be. I really hated them because of the pain they brought to the book, but eventually I began to like them. I really loved the way the characters interacted with each other in the book, and how well Jennifer E. Smith was able to push the emotions on the reader. I cant wait to read more from her, as well as give the book a great Beehive review! Over all I loved how everything came together in the end, it was a fun one-day-read, which surprisingly, was not at all mushy gushy love. It focused more on the relationship between Hadly and Oliver, not the physical romance.


Cupcake rating:





*All opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to all opinions.*

As always, leave comments about what you thought of this review, the book, or what YOU think I should review next!
Much love!

2 comments:

  1. Man, I also read this book last month and I'm also a teenage guy who read YA novels ( A little hopeless romantic *shrug*) and still believe in destiny. HAHA! I love the way you wrote this review. I also write book review in my Tumblr account and I feel that I should spend my summer reading and doing book reviews but I ended up here. Winks. Destiny? Keep writing! I'll bookmark your site so I can always visit this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you're so sweet! I'm working on a review that i'll put up tonight. Stay tuned, lol!

      Delete