Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Fallen (Fallen #1)

Hello Luvlies!


Publisher: Random House
Author: Lauren Kate
Page numbers: 452
Publication date December 8, 2009




    What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours? Seventeen year old Lucinda falls in love with a gorgeous intelligent boy, Daniel, at her new school, the grim, foreboding, Sword & Cross... only to find out that Daniel is a fallen angel, and that they have spent lifetimes finding and losing one another as good & evil forces plot to keep them apart. Get ready to fall...


    So I had been wanting to read Fallen for a long time, but I had heard nothing but negative reviews, so I decided to hold off for a while and see what would happen. Since the movie started filming I finally got around to reading it. Like I said, I had only heard negative reviews of the book so I didn't go into it expecting much, which I think I was right to do given I was not a huge fan of the book. In the very beginning we are first introduced to Sword & Cross, which is the reform school that Luce is attending. From the get go I really didn't like some of the characters, because, well they were moronic to say the least. The one person who seemed to be decent and nice, Cameron (Cam), for me was overwhelming and his "nice guy" persona got a bit annoying.  

   When we first meet Daniel he is a complete jerk and by that, I mean the first time he looked at Luce he flipped her off. I mean really!? Some love interest, pershaw *rolls eyes*  (They fell in love in two weeks and kissed three times. UGH) Over time he seemed to loosen up but still got on my nerves with the skittishness and his need to run away every time they interacted. I can't say it was all bad though, he did have a secret attractiveness about him that kept me interested. One thing I felt like was very vague was the physical looks of Cam and Daniel. For some odd reason I kept mixing up their hair and eye colors as I read, which I found both annoying and hilarious. Who knows, Maybe it's just me! (lol)

    I did really lover her "best friend" Penn, though. She was cute and fun and quirky which I absolutely loved. She was such a fun character and I wish her story was elaborated a bit more. 

    Towards the end of the book I found myself getting a bit more entertained and I did end up enjoying the last half of the book, but I feel like it could have ended with the first book. It took me so long to read it, too. Mainly because it was not to entertaining in the beginning. About half way through I was sick of it and spend the rest of the day reading, just to finish it. I'm just glad I enjoyed the ending, or that all day reading powwow I had would have been for non reason. Over all I did enjoy the ending but I was not a big fan. I did pick up the second book and I guess we'll have to see how it goes, and wether or not I chose to continue.


Cupcake rating:




*All opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to all opinions.*

As always, leave comments about what you though of the book , this review, or what YOU think I should review next!
Much Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment