Monday, December 1, 2014

Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2)

Hello Luvlies!



Publisher: Harper Collins 
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Pages: 461
Publication date: December 3, 2013



Point to consider: this is book two in the shatter me series and WILL be full of spoilers if you have not read book one.

    Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her--people with gifts--and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance. 
    She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch. OR from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible. 
    Haunted by her past and terrified of her future, Juliette knows that in her present, she will have to make some life-changing choices. Choices that may involve choosing between her heart--and Adam's life.


    WOW just wow. This perfectly sums up the whole book,





    I  cant even believe what I just read. The style of writing Mafi brings to the table is again breathtaking and utterly romantic in a scene of underground ugly. She has done it again and it was not even close to what I anticipated! I loved that I was able to see some of the other powers possessed at Omega Point as well. Unravel Me picks up just after Juliette, Kenji and Adam escape to Omega Point, Juliette starts learning to control her powers while things start to happen with Adam and Juliette's relationship that let me just say I did not see coming. All the while the reestablishment is looking for them and will stop at nothing to get Juliette back. I loved the humor from Kenji, he just seemed to make the whole book a little bit better, it was like, "oh that was depressing, lets just sprinkle some Kenji dust on it (funny dust)! All better!" I do feel like Juliette was annoyingly whiny for most of the book due to the problems between her and Adam but hey, chapter 62 fixed everything! 
    
     ME AFTER CHAPTER 64:




and at the same time:



    at this point I mentally threw the book, notice mentally because it was just that kid of book. I MEAN REALLY. Not only all that but wow I had a serious self fanning moment in that chapter. Warner is not at all what we ALL probably thought he was up to this point. Which begs the question, which team are you on, Adam or Warner? 

    But wait there's more! When you find out something huge that I cant really talk about... AH it blew my mind. If you want to read a book that will make you look like this after,





I suggest you read it.



Cupcake rating:







All opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to all opinions

As always leave a comment about what you thought of the book, this review or what YOU think I should review next!
Much love!
















No comments:

Post a Comment