Friday, March 6, 2015

Falling into Place

Hello Luvlies!


 Publisher: Greenwillow books (Harper Collins)
Author: Amy Zhang
Pages: 304
Publication date: September 9, 2014





    One day Liz Emerson tries to die, they had reviewed Newton's law of motion in physics class. Then, after school, she put them into practice by running her Mercedes off the road.
    Why? Why did Liz Emerson decide that the world would be better off with out her? Why did she give up? Vividly told by an unexpected and surprising narrator, this heartbreaking and nonlinear novel pieces together the short and devastating life of Meridian high's most popular junior girl. Mass, acceleration, momentum, force-Liz didn't understand it in physics, and even as her Mercedes hurtles towards the tree, she doesn't understand it now. How do we impact one another? How do our action reverberate? What does it mean to be a friend? To love someone? To be a daughter? Or a mother? Is life truly more than cause and effect?



    As I began to read Falling into Place I was not a big fan of the book. It was written with such style that I was amazed at every word on the pages, but I hated what Zhang had thrown at the main characters. As I read on and began to really get into the main meat of the book I found myself absolutely loving the story line and I grew more and more attached to Liz, her friends, and her mom. I ached when they ached, and I felt their pain as it was almost a physical pain within myself. I could begin to understand why Liz did what she did throughout her flashbacks, and though I could not really relate to what she did I could understand it all.
   
     I loved the mysterious narrator and began to guess who it was through out the book. It took a few times but eventually I figured it out. I love how it was told from a different perspective that you don't see very often if ever, especially in YA novels. It is definitely one of a kind in the written style and in the story that it told. The resolution of the story left a few loose ends but hinted as to what they were thought they were un-written. I loved Falling into Place and cant wait for more from Amy Zhang, as her debut novel I think it hints for great things for the future.


Cupcake rating:







*All opinions are my own and so not apply to others, I am open to all opinions.*


As always, leave comments about what you thought of the book, this review or what YOU think I should review next!
Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment