Monday, October 27, 2014

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner #1)

Hello Luvlies!


Publisher: Delacorte Press
Author: James Dashner
Pages: 378
Publication Date: October 6, 2009



   When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his name. He's surrounded by strangers-- boys whose memories are also gone. 
      Nice to meet ya shank, welcome to the glade.
    Outside the towering stone walls that surround the glade, is a limitless ever-changing maze. It's the only way out- and no one has ever made it through alive. Then a girl arrives. The first girls ever. The message she delivers is terrifying.

     Remember. Survive. Run.


    Recently this movie hit theaters and it hit hard. It was a huge hit and was highly anticipated for fans around the world!  When I first heard about The Maze Runner  I didn't really know what to think of it. It seemed interesting enough but not enough to really spark my interest that is until it came back into the picture. I really mean into the picture, it was EVERYWHERE I LOOKED. So naturally I had to read it just for kicks and I figured it would be fun to see the movie vs the book. Let me say it was not at all what I anticipated it to be. Only about 10% of the book was spend in the maze and the other 90% was in the glade. This was a little annoying to me since the book is supposedly about the maze. The parts that took place in the maze were written ok and I sort of enjoyed  reading it.
     
    As I was reading I did start to notice the writing going down hill, this was especially prominent when Dashner would describe how a character was feeling or acting. It was never very detailed and it frequently lost my attention. The only real reason I finished it was because I wanted to see the movie and compare it to the book, in order to finish it I sped through it and really could not care less about it. 

    The characters really bugged me as well since "the girl" really had no point and she was just irritating because all she did was whine at Thomas the whole time. Not to mention that Thomas was whiny the whole book. It all seemed pointless especially since the most "loving interaction" between the two was holding hands three times. *rolls eyes*. To say it lightly, I was very disappointed and will not be reading the next two.

Cupcake rating:


*All opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to all opinions.*

As always leave comments about what you thought of the book this review, or what YOU think I should review next!
Much love!












No comments:

Post a Comment