Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1)

Hello Luvlies!


Publisher: Harper Collins
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Pages: 338
Publication Date: November 15, 2011


   
    Juliette hasn't touched anyone in 264 days, still counting. The last time she did the reestablishment locked her up and charged her with murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is lethal, no one knows why she is deadly, neither does she. The world is such peril that no one really cares about a seventeen year old girl who no one can understand. The reestablishment promised a new world, a new age, something to look forward to. Instead the world is crumbling with disease on every doorstep, no food for the people and a sky without birds.  Now so many people are dead that
the survivors are whispering of war and the reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette isn't just a misunderstood, deathly girl in a cell. Maybe she is exactly what they have been looking for.
   
     OK WOW this book was amazing! Recently I have been falling off of of the dystopian wagon and climbing on to the romantic one, but this didn't really seem like your every day dystopian. I found myself immersed in Juliette's world like never before and I loved it. In the very beginning when Juliette is in her cell I could really feel her desperation for human interaction and touch. Her environment and mental conversations with herself at this stage of the book was eerie and creepy but still enjoyable. Then that all changed when Adam showed up, as her "cell mate".  I fell in love with Adam (his looks especially haha...) He was a bit mysterious at first but once he opened up everything changed between the two of them. Until IT happened (if you have read it you know what I mean.) Soon I started doubting him and hating him and still loving him all at the same time. TWAS TORTUROUS! WHY MAFI WHY?! She had a very unique way of writing that I really enjoyed especially since it helped tell the story in a new way.

     Bringing it back around to Adam let me tell you OH MY GOODNESS that boy is scandalous! wough! *blushes profusely* I still have mixed feelings about the book so I guess that calls for the second! Over all I loved it and really recommend it. It is dystopian which can get annoying in any book but this one was different. It really didn't seem like it was droning in dystopia but grasping a life line with the love aspect.


Cupcake rating:








* All opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to all opinions.*

*As always leave comments about what you thought of the book, this review or what YOU think I should review next!*
much love!












No comments:

Post a Comment