Thursday, August 14, 2014

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles #1)


Hello Luvlies!

    
Publisher: Little, Brown
Author(s): Kami Garcia and Margret Stohl 
Pages: 563
Publication Date: December 1, 2009





    In the town of Gatlin, nothing ever happens. You are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move, but Ethan Wate has plans to leave despite his constant reminders to stay. That is until the girl haunting Ethan's dreams shows up in Gatlin. She is real and her name is Lena Duchannes. Though something strange comes with Lena. She is a caster with a curse, and no one can stop it. This brings the two tougher to stop the curse from taking Lena by her sixteenth birthday. And maybe even fall in love in the process.



    I first heard about this book because of the commercials for the move, which talked about the "critically acclaimed novel" This is what eventually brought me to read it. AND I LOVED IT. The book has a very country feel too it which added a nice twist to make it not like every "caster or witch" book out there. I fell in love with the caricatures. Though it seems like a very feminine book it is told from Ethan's point of view (POV) so it will appeal to about any audience. I have realized though, it is really a love it or hate it book. I loved it but many of my friends who have read it hated it and could not  finish the first book. Despite that I highly recommend Beautiful Creatures, as well as the movie. Just know they area nothing alike!

Cupcake rating:



*As always all opinions are my own and do not apply to others, I am open to other opinions*

Leave comments about what you thought of this review, the book or what YOU think I should review next!
Much love!




No comments:

Post a Comment