Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Sound of Letting Go

Hello luvlies!


Publisher: Penguin
Author: Stasia Ward Kehoe
Pages: 400
Publication Date: February 6, 2014



  Sixteen year old Daisy  is the perfect daughter, who helps out at home with her autistic younger brother, a incredible musician, a good friend, and a model student. When her parents decide to send her brother Steven to a institution without consulting her, she becomes furious and decides the only way to become a good sister is to be bad. Falling for her first crush, bad boy Dave. She finds herself torn, after Irish exchange student cal reminds her who she used to be. Does she want to be who she was or now is? And how can she know when to hold on and when to let go?


    I really loved this book! For me it was one of those novels that is perspective altering and essentially life changing. I fell in love with it from the beginning. Though Steven seems hard to love, his character really grew on me and made me ache when he was sent away. I loved how real his autism seemed and how it affected Daisy and her family. This book I will truly hold dear to my heart because of the depth of the story and the strong connections I built with Daisy, Dave, and Steven. It seems funny to say but it truly humbles me. This year The Sound of Letting Go is my number one recommended book for any and all readers, period.


Cupcake rating:





*As always all opinions are my own and do not apply to others. I am open to other opinions*

Leave comments of what you thought of this review, what you thought of the book, or what I should read next!
Much love!






No comments:

Post a Comment