Monday, July 28, 2014

Say What You Will

Hello Luvlies!



Publisher: Harper Teen (Epic Reads)
Author: Cammie McGovern
Pages: 352

Publication Date: June 3, 2014



    Born with cerebral palsy, Amy cant walk without her walker, talk without her voice box, or show many facial expressions. Plagued by OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) Matthew is controlled by fear and compulsions. Amy and Matthew are more alike than they ever realized. When Amy decides to hire student aids for their senior year, Matthew and Amy suddenly become the focus of each others lives, soon becoming quite close, which becomes something neither of them expected.


    OK, at first when I saw this book it was the cover that initially drew me in, soon after the story line got me hooked too. I cant even explain how excited I was when it showed up on the holds shelf at my local library, when I got home I LITERATELY rubbed it on my face for like two minutes. I'm not kidding. As I began reading the story line and the plot was good it was meeting my expectations and I was still "rubbing book on face" excited (I seriously did that). Until IT happened. If you have read it then you know what I mean. From that point on (which was about half way into to the book) I felt as though the book was declining very quickly. Like throwing off a cliff quickly!  I started to get angry with the book, because of this decline. Though the book did end on a good note some of the plot points such as Matthew's OCD seemed to be put there to provide another twist in the writing, or a solution to writers block. Over all I am glad that I finished the book, and I did enjoy most of it so I definitely recommend the book.


Cupcake rating:





*As always all opinions are my own and do not apply to others. I am open to other opinions.*

Leave comments on what YOU thought of this review, the book or what YOU think I should review next!
Much Love!








No comments:

Post a Comment