Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Origin (Corpus #1)

Hello Luvlies!


Publisher: Razorbill (Penguin Publishing)
Author: Jessica Khoury
Pages: 432
Publication Date: September 17, 2013



    Pia has grown up in a secret laboratory hidden deep in the Amazon rain forest. Pia has been raised by a team of scientists who created her to be the worlds first immortal human. She is perfect in every way. But on the night of her seventeenth birthday she discovers the electric fence that surrounds her laboratory home, and sneaks out for the first time in her life. While she is seeing the jungle for the first time she meets Eio a boy form the nearby village. Tougher they embark on a race against the clock do discover the truth about Pias origin which is a truth with deadly consequences that will change their life forever, and they will learn what it truly means to be human.


    Though I aggressively disliked Vitro, I thoroughly enjoyed Origin, I found the setting to be quite compelling and thrilling. Through out the story you really fall in love with Eio as Pia seems to be as well. I really liked the use of the tribal names and the way that Jessica described the flourishing jungle scene as well as the beauty of the tribe that Eio belongs to. I personally thought that it was a stand alone book, though Goodreads seems to disagree, either way I loved it and if their is a second i'm sure that I will enjoy that one too. I really recommend this book if you are in the mood for something different.

Cupcake rating:




*As always all opinions are my own and do not apply to others. I am open to other opinions.*

Leave comments about what you think of this reviews, the book or what YOU think i should review next!
Much love!






No comments:

Post a Comment